Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Oooooooo it's a date for the Abbey Medieval Fair

SOOOOO I must have an 18th century dress of some description.  No dear reader, it doesn't have to be a medieval one. Apparently last year Captain America came.  Wouldn't mind meeting him myself.

Should I perhaps have a persona?  I believe that to be de rigueur for such occasions.  Mmmmmm I already have the passion for patch boxes and mother of pearl gaming counters, so why not collect myself a persona.

Suggestions anyone?

2 comments:

  1. That sounds fun! <3
    Are you good at sewing?
    I sewed this pattern: http://www.simplicity.com/p-1991-costumes.aspx , the pilgrim one, for Thanksgiving, and it was very easy, (and it looked good!) I'm sure you'd be able to sew one of the 18th century ones pretty easily.
    I'm sorry I can't help you for something very period-accurate, I'm sort of a sewing-beginner! :)
    -Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that Julia. Mmm that looks nice. I have a couple of 18th type patterns I bought a while back and have cut out but never gone any further. I am a basic sewer so I could have a try - but I'll also look about online. I like the look of the Robe a la Francaise that opens down the front. There is a non-authentic version on ebay that looks quite nice but I want cotton and a lot of them are satin.
    Do you have a pic of your dress I could have a look at?

    ReplyDelete