Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Trawling auction websites

I fear I am becoming seriously deranged. I have started trawling auction websites looking at 18th century clothing. No I don't imagine anything would fit me or my pocket, but the pictures are wonderful and who knows maybe there is a stomacher out there waiting for me!  Or some flounces.  And condition isn't important. I gave up on perfection many moons ago. I love the patina of age and the wear and tear of years of use. There is something truly warm about objects long used. 
I am tempted to have a go at making a stomacher independent of anything else, because, well, I think I could. Just a simple shape but I could embroider and embellish it.  They always looked vastly elegant to me!

3 comments:

  1. Go for it!!! I definitely think you could make a smashing stomacher!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the vote of confidence Mary! t's making the time that is the hardest part. And that list of UFOs I have. Unfinished Objects! :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really auction is such a big straw and its good for online shopping. There are lots of item for bidding.

    Yahoo Japan Auction

    ReplyDelete