Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Royal wedding

I don't know about you, but I will certainly be ensconced in front of the TV for the royal wedding. I like a good royal event and hope and pray it all goes off safely.
And it's not just the wedding dress. I love seeing all the hats and outfits of the guests as well. Westminster Abbey is such an amazing church - I crawled all over it when I was there. Couldn't get enough! And I will be playing spot the famous person in the Abbey!
I don't have a favourite in terms of royal weddings but there are some I've enjoyed more than others.
I remember Princess Anne's because I loved the medieval sleeves on her gown.
Though I wasn't alive when Grace Kelly married I think her ensemble is one of the classiest and most divine I've seen.
I enjoyed Prince Andrew's wedding to Sarah Ferguson - they seemed so happy and in love and it was sad it all ended so unhappily.  I loved the train of Sarah's dress with Andrew's inital on it.
And I really enjoyed the wedding of Prince Felipe of Spain and Letizia Ortiz. I particularly loved when he gave his bride a tissue during the ceremony. The cathedral they were married in was just amazing.
So I'll be brewing up the Yorkshire Gold tea and buttering the scones and watching THE LOT!
Have a lovely time Will and Kate!

No comments:

Post a Comment