Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

With brass knobs!

I trotted off to the local hardware yesterday and found some door knobs for the handle of my walking stick.  One's brass and the other wood.  I needed to pick one that felt comfortable under my hand and that I could fit easily to the end of the pool cue, and I didn't want to have to alter it much (filing those grooves was finicky enough).

I've chosen a nice jarrah shade of woodstain because it matched the wooden knob and some satin buffing oil rather than varnish because I don't want it to have a super shiny lacquered look.  I'd like it to be a little more understated - well, as understated as it can be given I'm leaning towards the brass knob. It feels nicer to rest my hand on and I usually go for comfort. 

No comments:

Post a Comment