Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Sir Isaac Newton


My oh my, while looking through 17th and 18th century portraits I found this one of Sir Isaac Newton by Sir Godfey Kneller when Newton was 46 years old. 
Crikey I've never seen a scientist or mathematician who looked this hot. 
I have to say it's up there with one of my other favourites.
This portrait of Alfred Lord Tennyson by Samuel Laurence certainly aided my memorising of the Lady of Shallot. Unfortunately he did the whole hairy face thing as he got older.
Do you have any historical eye candy you'd like to share?


2 comments:

  1. Oooh, I do agree with you about Sir Isaac- mighty hot!! My favorite eye candy is Thomas Jefferson. I think I admire his mind so much that I've just become smitten with his face also. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes indeed some men do that to you! In the many portraits of him I always thought he looked rather fine about the eyes.

    ReplyDelete