Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Ironing canvas

I washed the canvas I intend using for the next attempt at a corset because I wouldn't want it warping if it got wet after I had made it up. (Not that I will be washing my corset all the time. But as I do live in a warm climate it will be necessary at some time or other.)
But oh my goodness, ironing it afterwards has given me a new appreciation for what my grandmother and earlier female relations must have done on a day to day basis with those heavy hot irons you heated on the old wood stove.  
I had to really put my shoulders into it to get the worst of the crinkles out and I'm still not happy with it. So it will be going off to the dry cleaners tomorrow to get pressed properly. 
Damn nearly killed me.

No comments:

Post a Comment