Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Lust worthy costume

There are some dresses that make a huge impression on me and I don't suppose I'm alone in that. Ditto with portraits, and shoes and oh all kinds of things.
So today because I could use a dose of 'oh how lovely it would be to have a dress like that' here, in no particular order are some pretty pictures of my lust-worthy favourites.

Sophie Marie Grafin Voss by Antoine Pesne  To say I love this outfit would be an understatement. Mmm here is a tamed down version worn by Judie Davis in 'Marie Antoinette'.
Then of course there are the lovely ensembles of Madame de Pompadour.

I've always had a weakness for peach blush.



And let's not ignore the lovely creations from the movies.


And throw in a few hair dos and hats along with the lovely Marisa Berenson in 'Barry Lyndon'.




 I love this wig worn by the lovely Jane as Marguerite St Just in the Scarlet Pimpernel.



Ah well that's enough eye candy for this evening.



6 comments:

  1. That red riding habit, DROOL! On of my faves too :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to think the dress I wanted above all others was a sacque like the one in Kohler but once I found Sophie well that vies with it for top place. Oh for a shop I could walk into and say "wrap them I'll take them all!".

      Delete
  2. Very nice, good choices.
    Keith.
    http://woodsrunnersdiary.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou kind sir. All very posh but dreams are good for the soul! Without them we perish.

      Delete
  3. I love Marisa Berenson's hair! Awesome! I want a wig that big!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you Caroline. I love that wig. Actually I do have a pretty big one which I will blog about some day soon but oh my I love the way Marisa's is styled.

      Delete