Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The price of friendship or Madame Pompadour for tea

I'm sure we all enjoy company and if you're feeling a little lonely you might perhaps be interested in these items listed on eBay at the moment.
You can have a reasonable facsimile of Madame de Pompadour and friend (doesn't look like Louis XIV to me) for company.
Call them silent companions, fire screens or dummy boards, such items have been found in many country houses and mansions. I can imagine if I was snowed in at my country retreat I might get a little stir crazy and want some companionship.
So you too can have a 'friend' but they come at a hefty price.  
Perhaps I'll just go and get my Barbie cutout from the garage and stand her up next to the china cabinet!

No comments:

Post a Comment