Total Pageviews

Monday, March 12, 2012

Tiresome things, tiaras and tea!

Meh... I have a dose of overuse in my right arm at the moment so I've had to swear off sewing, carving and too much computer use. 
It's such a bore but I don't want it getting worse or hanging around longer than I can help so I have to behave myself.

In the meantime here are some pretty pictures to have a sticky at. 
I've been meaning to post about tiaras.
At a vintage fair late last year I got carried away and bought one!  
A tiara was not on the list of things I needed but you know it's just the kind of thing you don't think you'll ever need and then something crops up and you need one and I'd be kicking myself if I hadn't bought it. (Wow I am good at justification!) I mean, it was pretty!  It looked a little russian and that seemed a good enough reason to bring it home with me.  I even bought myself a second one at the Vintage fair on the weekend - it had thistles on it and I do like a nice Scottish thistle! They are both made of brass and I like them much better than the modern blingy ones I've seen.  
The other picture is from a high tea also from late last year, with cakes from Queen of Cakes and my little Wedgwood milk jug. And as I have sworn off these kinds of goodies at the moment a photo is as good as it gets. Mmm I love caramel slice!

2 comments:

  1. There ought to be a law against posting images like that, now iv'e got the wants!!!!
    Keith.
    http://woodsrunnersdiary.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well and why shouldn't you have a tiara Keith?!? haha ok I know you meant the food!

      Delete