Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Farewell my Queen

I haven't been able to find out when this movie will come out in Australia or indeed when a DVD with English subtitles will be available.
I did however get a copy of the book from the library. 
It's a different perspective - as I mentioned in an earlier post.
But what I found interesting was that in spite of knowing the outcome, I got caught up in the emotion of the main protagonist - Agathe Sidonie Laborde, a junior reader to the Queen.
I felt as enmeshed as she in the absolutely terrifying inertia of the aristocrats as the situation unfolded. 
Their disbelief that things were changing was like being stuck in quicksand. 
And being used to the instant communication of this world, the idea of not knowing what was going on some few miles away made it all the more terrifying.
And it doesn't matter how many stories I read about the revolution, I still long for a different ending. Silly I know, but human. It is however what happens when people live in a fool's paradise. 
And even now I know anarchy can be so easily let loose.  I wonder what will happen for instance in Greece. Economic collapse leads so easily to chaos.  

No comments:

Post a Comment