Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Happy 60th Ma'am!

I've been trying to work out what I will do to celebrate the Jubilee.  
For those of you who aren't in the Commonwealth that is the Diamond Jubilee of Queen Elizabeth II.
Doing anything for 60 years is amazing. Doing that job is remarkable and I am filled with admiration for her. 
I wouldn't want the Queen's life.  Her picture collection maybe, but not her life. 
I like my anonymity, I like doing things on the spur of the moment, I hate meetings and schedules and I like warm weather.  
Anyway as to how to celebrate, I like the idea of a street party but don't have the time to organise one.
So I think it will be a family 'high tea'!
I'll drape flag bunting around the house, butter the scones and ice the pattycakes.
The Queen has been the most reassuring constant in my life, aside from family and I wish her peace and joy. If I was wealthy I'd buy Brittania, fully renovate it and give it back to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment