Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 8, 2012

My latest treasures from the Vintage Fair


The latest vintage fair had some lovely surprises (even if I did rant in my previous post about my pet peeves). There was a lovely Victorian ostrich feather and ivory fan but I resisted. And lots of hat pins which I also resisted.
And sadly the vintage jewelery components lady wasn't there but I did get lucky all the same. 
I've been looking for a 50s/60s novelty print that I could make up into a dress or skirt for ages. And I never see much but lo and behold I found this beauty with galleons and castles on it - right up my street in fact so I snaffled that right up. There's 2.7 metres so that should be enough for a dress.



I also found a lovely set of vintage anodised drink tumblers still in their original leather container with bottle opener and two gorgeous melamine barbecue dinner plates which came home with me. They are so reminiscent of my childhood I couldn't resist.
I did find one or two other things which I'll tell you about in my next post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment