Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 18, 2012

My new best friend - the lightbox aka The Stays 2

I have finally begun making the stays - again.  And I have to say I was absolutely detesting transferring boning lines from the pattern to the material. 
I had tried using dressmakers carbon paper with less than pleasing results.
Then I remembered Mum has a lightbox.  And it's become my new best friend.
I'm using artist's canvas for the boning layers and time will tell if this will be a success. It's quite sturdy.
So I have decided to do all the channels and then hand sew them together.  I like hand sewing but don't have the time, eyesight or back to do all the channels by hand.
Wish me luck!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you thank you thank you! OMG why haven't I thought of this before?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome Caroline. I hope it works well for you too. Mum's lightbox is about 12 inches square and it's making the process so much easier. I'm using two layers of artist canvas and it's coming through really well!

      Delete
  2. A well-deserved award for you can be found on my blog.

    (http://aquiliasamphorae.blogspot.com/2012/11/libester-award.html)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow merci beaucoups Madame Comtesse!

      I am off to read the other blogs you awarded and then I will have a think about who I would like to pass it on to! There are so many great blogs!

      Delete