Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Christmas cheer

I think I have waxed lyrical before about Queen of Cakes - a cake shop I frequent. If you live in Brisbane it's worth a trip to buy yourself an indulgent morning tea treat!
This week I discovered they had a new festive treat - the Christmas Pop!  They looked like mini toffee apples but with icing!

I'd never heard of cake pops before and so was quite enthralled.
I particularly like the way these are decorated. They are full of a lovely chocolatey truffle mixture and coated in icing and cute little marzipan snowflakes.
They were delicious! 
Being so taken with them I then realised I had seen cake pop makers in the Christmas catalogues that appear in the letter box each day by the bucketful.
So yes you guessed it, I have given in. 
I bought a cake pop maker which makes a dozen little cake balls ready for decorating. I'll let you know how it goes.
I have plans for red velvet Christmas pops covering in lovely snowy icing!  Mmm yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment