Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Taking stock and being grateful

During this season of great folly I find it easy to get caught up with rushing about and getting stressed about things that don't really matter. Christmas is often a time of sadness and despair for many people.
So today I'm taking some time out to be grateful for every precious person and experience in my life. And I have a lot to be grateful for.
I have my worries too but don't we all. 
I'm grateful for my family and friends, having a roof over my head and food on the table. I wish it were so for everyone on this planet, but it's not. 
Life isn't always about the BIG obvious things either.
I love watching Sid the Scrub Turkey building his nest next door (that's the big pile of leaves and dirt in this picture). 
I'm not sure if his mate has laid eggs yet or not. She'll only do that when it's the right temperature.
I hope the new neighbours don't boot them out. Sid's endlessly fascinating to watch and isn't at all worried about me.  
Here's a picture of him resting during the afternoon heat and keeping a watchful eye on his nest.
This is the most amazing planet I can possibly imagine. Even with it's disasters and the horrible things we do to it, this planet is a jewel in space.
I love the birds and particularly the cockatoos that squawk outside my window. 
I love the spiders webs that Eensy Weensy builds in the garden and the geckos that poo on my window sills!
The ever present cicadas and crickets that keep me company all day and all night, the neighbour's 'hello' and the summer breeze.

And then there are so many wonderful people out there, including you reading my blog. 
I love that I can read about what you are doing, how you developed your passion for the 18th century or interior decorating or gardening or cooking. People sharing ideas, fun and troubles.
Thankyou for being a part of my life.  I am so very grateful for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment