Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Great hats and fashion in 20s movies

Since I'm all about the 20s at the moment I've been watching some of my favourite  films and series set in the 20s.  Some straddle the decades before and after but that's ok, so does fashion. They include:
Death on the Nile (the Peter Ustinov version). LOVE the hats in this one, especially Bette Davis' and Olivia Hussey's hats.  The larger brims on these two hats are so flattering.  

Yum!  They're right up there with my lovely black horsehair cloche with the lace brim! 

Thoroughly Modern Millie.  What's not to love about Millie's wardrobe especially the black and white checkerboard ensemble and that her beads don't hang straight! And you get music and Mary Tyler Moore!

Easy Virtue The music is fabulous, it's got Colin Firth, witty dialogue and a wide range of fashions from country to glam!
House of Elliot  I get sick of hearing "Oh Evie" every couple of minutes but like the clothing.
There are also a couple of good shots early on in High Road to China.
Of course Downton Abbey has heaps of fashion and I suppose the Great Gatsby will too if (according to reports), you don't take period accuracy seriously!
The Changeling was ok. Think the depressing nature of the story overshadowed any enjoyment I might have had from checking out the clothing.
Come on guys, what's your fav movies or series set in the 20s? I need more inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment