Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Blue and tattered - the hat is finished!

Ta dah!  The tattered blue hat is finished!

This is in spite of the fact that the lace I'd been using proved too fragile so I've had to glue rather than drape it. 
I'm a bit disappointed as I really liked the look of it draped but it kept splitting so I made the best of it. 
I cut around the patterns in the lace to make it fit as neatly as possible. In some cases I've had to layer it and it needed a fair bit of glue to hold it.  I've glued the lace right down under the turn up to finish on the sweat band so hopefully it will hold up well.
Frustrating as hell but I think it's come up quite well considering all the mucking about I had to do.  Mucking about and the occasional strong word!
I also made a tatty lace rose to tuck behind the turn up on the right hand side. I wanted it to have some visual interest even if you couldn't see it from the front.
My teacher said today she wasn't sure it was a parasisal and might actually be a fine straw. Anyway whatever it is I like it!
I finished it off with the lining which I think looks sooooo lush!

2 comments:

  1. It's beautiful, and I really like the detail behind the turn up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! It's funny how designs change as they progress. Much like life! And I like tattiness!

      Delete